Creating a Custom OAuth App
Granting Permission for an RBP System
- From the admin menu Manage Permission Roles, select the desired role you want to add the permission to. As a best practice, create a role named "API Administrator".
- Under the Manage Integration Tools link, select the Manage OAuth2 Client Applications checkbox.
- After you have done this, you will see a link "Manage OAuth2 Client Applications" under the Company Settings category in the new admin tools, and under Integration Tools in the older administration tools interface.
Granting Permission for a User-based System
- From the Admin Menu click Manage Security > Administrative Privileges. For the user you are logged in as, look under Integration Tools and check the box under Access to OAuth 2 Management.
- After you have done this, you will see a link under Integration Tools to where you can register your OAuth client.
Registering your OAuth Client Application
- To register an OAuth client, log into your application instance with an administrator account. From the Admin menu, click Manage OAuth2 Client Applications > Register New Client Application.
- After you register an OAuth client, any user of the registered client can connect to SuccessFactors HCM Suite using this method.
- Fill the shown field accordingly. After successfully registering the application, update your connection properties as detailed in Establishing a Connection.