The scheme used for authentication. Accepted entries are: Auto, , AwsRootKeys , AwsIAMRoles , AwsEC2Roles , AwsMFA , ADFS, Okta, PingFederate , AwsCredentialsFile.
Possible ValuesAuto, ADFS, AwsRootKeys, AwsIAMRoles, AwsEC2Roles, AwsMFA, AwsCredentialsFile, Okta, TemporaryCredentials, PingFederate
Use the following options to select your authentication scheme:
- Auto: Set this to have the provider attempt to automatically resolve the proper authentication scheme to use based on the other connection properties specified.
- TemporaryCredentials: Set this to leverage temporary security credentials alongside a session token to connect.
- AwsRootKeys: Set this to use the root user access key and secret. Useful for quickly testing, but production use cases are encouraged to use something with narrowed permissions.
- AwsIAMRoles: Set to use IAM Roles for the connection.
- AwsEC2Roles: Set this to automatically use IAM Roles assigned to the EC2 machine the CData Python Connector for Amazon Athena is currently running on.
- AwsMFA: Set to use multi factor authentication.
- Okta: Set to use a single sign on connection with OKTA as the identity provider.
- ADFS: Set to use a single sign on connection with ADFS as the identity provider.
- PingFederate: Set to use a single sign on connection with PingFederate as the identity provider.
- AwsCredentialsFile: Set to use a credential file for authentication.