- 2021-09-02Added
- Added support for the STRING_SPLIT table-valued function in the CROSS APPLY clause.
 - 2021-08-07Changed
- Add the KeySeq column to the sys_foreignkeys table.
 - 2021-08-06Changed
- Add the new sys_primarykeys system table.
 - 2021-07-23Changed
- Updated the Literal Function Names for relative date/datetime functions. Previously relative date/datetime functions resolved to a different value when used in the projection vs te predicate. Ie: SELECT LAST_MONTH() AS lm, Col FROM Table WHERE Col > LAST_MONTH(). Formerly the two LAST_MONTH() methods would resolve to different datetimes. Now they will match.
- As a replacement for the previous behavior, the relative date/datetime functions in the criteria may have an 'L' appended to them. Ie: WHERE col > L_LAST_MONTH(). This will continue to resolve to the same values that previously were calculated in the criteria. Note that the "L_" prefix will only work in the predicate - it not available for the projection.
 - 2021-07-08Added
- Added the TCP Logging Module for the logging information happening on the TCP wire protocol. The transport bytes that are incoming and ongoing will be logged at verbosity=5.
 - 2021-04-23Added
- Added support for handling client side formulas during insert / update. For example: UPDATE Table SET Col1 = Concat(Col1, " - ", Col2) WHERE Col2 LIKE 'A%'
 - 2021-04-23Changed
- Updated how display sizes are determined for varchar primary key and foreign key columns so they will match the reported length of the column.
 - 2021-04-16Added
- Non-conditional updates between two columns is now available to all drivers. For example: UPDATE Table SET Col1=Col2
- Reduced the length to 255 for varchar primary key and foreign key columns.
- Updated implicit and metadata caching to improve performance and support for multiple connections. Old metadata caches are not compatible - you would need to generate new metadata caches if you are currently using CacheMetadata.
- Updated index naming convention to avoid duplicates
- Updated and standardized Getting Started connection help.
- Added the Advanced Features section to the help of all drivers.
- Categorized connection property listings in the help for all editions.
Amazon Athena Changes
 - 2021-07-12Added
- Added support for federated queries. The provider now supports queries ( joins, unions etc ) on cross catalogs and schemas.
 - 2021-06-25Added
- Added support for dynamic data sources ( catalogs ). DataSource or Catalog connection properties can be used to specify a custom data source to work with.
 - 2021-06-23Added
- Added the ShowS3Filepath connection property, which sets whether or not to expose the _S3Path column for each source table.
 - 2021-05-25Added
- Added support for FIPS endpoints via the EnableFIPSMode connection property.
 - 2021-05-17Added
- Added support for Single Sign On (SSO) connection with PingFederate as the Identity Provider (IdP).
 - 2021-05-10Added
- Added support for the CreateSchema stored procedure and for the GenerateSchemaFiles connection property.
 - 2021-04-30Added
- Added support for AthenaVPCEndpoint. It may be used to specify a custom VPC endpoint to connect with instead of the standard Amazon endpoint.
 - 2020-10-08Added
- Added support for specifying an ExternalId using the connection property AWSExternalId anytime role authentication is used.
 - 2020-09-25Added
- Added support for authenticating with a RoleARN on credentials received from EC2 or temporary credentials.