Static One-Way Receive Location
In the following sections, you will configure a Static One-Way Receive Location and use it to retrieve data from Amazon Athena every 60 seconds.
Using Receive Locations
Use a receive location when you want to execute commands on a polling interval. A receive location can execute SQL commands and create BizTalk messages that contain the results. If you want to execute updategram commands, use a send port.
Create the Receive Port
To add a receive location to your application, you first need to add a receive port. Receive ports can receive data from multiple receive locations.
- If you have not already done so, open your application in the BizTalk Administration Console.
- In your application, right-click Receive Ports and click New -> Static One-Way Receive Port. The Receive Port Properties dialog is displayed.
- In the Name menu, enter a name for the receive port.
Create and Configure the Receive Location
After you create the receive port, create the receive location and configure it to use the Amazon Athena adapter as its transport type.
- Right-click Receive Locations and click New -> One-Way Receive Location.
- Select the appropriate receive port of which the new receive location will be a member. The Receive Location Properties dialog is displayed.
- In the Name menu, enter a name for the receive location.
- In the Receive Location properties, select CData.AmazonAthena in the Transport Type menu.
- In the Receive pipeline menu, select the default option, PassThruReceive.
Configure the Adapter
Specify the command that the adapter will execute in the Transport Properties dialog.
- In the receive location properties, click Configure. The Transport Properties dialog for the adapter is displayed.
- In the SQL Command property, enter the command. This example uses
SELECT * FROM Customers WHERE CustomerId = '12345'
- Set the Polling Interval property to 60 seconds.
Refer to AmazonAthena Adapter for the available adapter configuration properties.
Configure the Connection String
Set credentials and other connection properties in the Connection String Options dialog.
- In the receive location properties, click Configure. The adapter properties dialog is displayed.
- Set the Polling Interval option to 60 seconds.
- Click the button in the Connection String property. The Connection String Options dialog is displayed.
- Enter connection properties. A typical connection string is below:
- Click Test Connection to verify the connection values and test connectivity.
Create a Send Port
The static one-way receive location is now ready for use with a send port: A send port must be associated with the BizTalk messages that are created by the receive location. See Static One-Way Send Port and Static Solicit-Response Send Port for guides on using send ports with the CData Amazon Athena adapter.