Connecting to Apache Hadoop Cluster on Azure HDInsight
Connecting to an Apache Hadoop Cluster on Azure HDInsight
You will need to supply the following to establish a connection to a Hadoop cluster hosted on Azure HDInsight:
- User: Set this to the cluster username that you specified when creating the cluster on Azure HDInsight.
- Password: Set this to the cluster password that you specified when creating the cluster on Azure HDInsight.
- Server: The server corresponding to your cluster. For example: myclustername.azurehdinsight.net.
- Port: Set this to the port running HiveServer2. This will be 443 by default.
- HTTPPath: Set this to the HTTP path for the hive2 service. This will be hive2 by default.
- TransportMode: Set this to HTTP.
- UseSSL: Set this to true.
Connecting via HTTP
To connect to HTTP, set TransportMode to 'HTTP' and set the Port and HTTPPath properties to the values required by your Apache Hive instance.
Configuring the SQL Dialect
The component enables standards-based access to Apache Hive through SQL-92 or the Apache Hive syntax. Set QueryPassthrough to true to bypass the SQL engine of the component and execute HiveQL queries directly to Apache Hive.