This section describes how to connect to HarperDB following the standard JDBC connection process in DBeaver: Add the driver JAR, provide the driver class name, and provide any HarperDB-specific parameters in the JDBC URL.
Add the JDBC Driver for HarperDB
Complete the following steps to add the driver .jar file:
- Open the DBeaver application and, in the Database menu, select the Driver Manager option. Click New to open the Create New Driver form.
- In the Driver Name box, enter a user-friendly name for the driver.
To add the .jar file, click Add File on the Libraries tab. Select the cdata.jdbc.harperdb.jar file, located in the lib subfolder of the installation directory.
- Click Find Class, and in the list select, "cdata.jdbc.harperdb.HarperDBDriver".
- In the URL Template field, enter jdbc:harperdb:.
Create the JDBC Data Source
Complete the following steps to select the HarperDB driver and build the JDBC URL to create the JDBC data source:
- In the main DBeaver window, click Database > New Connection.
- Select the driver definition you created in the dialog that is displayed.
- On the next page of the wizard, click the Driver Properties tab.
Enter any connection properties required to connect to HarperDB.
Here is a typical connection string:
jdbc:harperdb:Server=127.0.0.1;User=admin;Password=1234;Port=9925;See Establishing a Connection for a connection and authentication guide.
- Finish creating the connection with the default settings or configure advanced network settings -- proxy, firewall, and SSH.
Discover Schemas and Query HarperDB Data
Complete the following steps to query information from the tables exposed by the connection:
- Expand the node for the connection to access the database metadata.
- Browse the table metadata and edit the table data by right-clicking a Table and then clicking Edit Table.
To execute an SQL query, select SQL Editor > New SQL Editor and select the HarperDB connection you created. You can then enter queries using code completion.