Connect from MySQL Workbench
Clients like MySQL Workbench can connect to Slack ODBC data sources as virtual MySQL databases. This section describes how to configure ODBC remoting as a virtual MySQL database in MySQL Workbench.
Configure SQL GatewayCreating a virtual MySQL database in the SQL Gateway administration tool consists of the following steps:
- Configure and start the proxying service on the Services tab. >
- Configure database users on the Users tab.
- If you need to connect over TLS/SSL, configure it on the Other tab.
- Access services hosted behind a firewall by configuring Tunneling.
Connect to the DatabaseSelect Database > Connect to Database in the main menu. Name the connection and enter the following information in the resulting dialog:
- Hostname and Port: enter the hostname and port of the service. If you are connecting through Tunneling then provide the mapped IP/Port of the tunnel.
- Username: enter the username of a user account you created in the SQL Gateway.