Using the Profile in ODBC
This section provides a walk-through for accessing data from the profile in ODBC-compatible applications using the CData ODBC driver for API.
Windows DSN Configuration
You can use the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator to edit the DSN configuration. Note that the DSN is created during the installation process. Complete the following steps to edit the DSN configuration:
- Select Start > Search, and enter ODBC Data Sources in the Search box.
- Choose the version of the ODBC Administrator that corresponds to the bitness of your application (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Click the System DSN tab.
- Select the system data source and click Configure.
- Specify the required configuration setting to connect to your profile
- Edit any additional configuration settings on the Connection tab and click OK.
Connecting from Applications
Once you've created your DSN, you can connect to the data exposed by the profile in any ODBC compatible application. Some of the most common ODBC application used with CData ODBC drivers are listed below:
- From Excel
- From PowerPivot
- From Access
- From Filemaker Pro
- From OBIEE
- From Informatica
- From SAS
In your application, you can now select this DSN to connect to your data. For more information, please refer the documentation specific to your client application.