Automatically caches the results of SELECT queries into a cache database specified by either CacheLocation or both of CacheConnection and CacheProvider .
When AutoCache = true, the driver automatically maintains a cache of your table's data in the database of your choice.
Setting the Caching Database
When AutoCache = true, the driver caches to a simple, file-based cache. You can configure its location or cache to a different database with the following properties:
- CacheLocation: Specifies the path to the file store.
- CacheDriver and CacheConnection: Specifies a driver to a database and the connection string.
- CacheMetadata: This property reduces the amount of metadata that crosses the network by persisting table schemas retrieved from the Cloudant metadata. Metadata then needs to be retrieved only once instead of every connection.
- Explicitly Caching Data: This section provides more examples of using AutoCache in Offline mode.
- CACHE Statements: You can use the CACHE statement to persist any SELECT query, as well as manage the cache; for example, refreshing schemas.