Windows DSN Configuration
Using the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator
You can use the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator to edit the DSN configuration. Note that the DSN is created during the installation process.
Complete the following steps to edit the DSN configuration:
- Select Start > Search, and enter ODBC Data Sources in the Search box.
- Choose the version of the ODBC Administrator that corresponds to the bitness of your application (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Click the System DSN tab.
- Select the system data source and click Configure.
- Edit the information on the Connection tab and click OK.
Note: For .NET Framework 4.0, the driver distributes Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable. For .NET Framework 3.5, the driver distributes Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable.
The CData ODBC Driver for FTP allows connecting to FTP servers.
Connecting to an FTP Server
FTP supports both plaintext and SSL/TLS connections. To connect to an FTP server specify the RemoteHost, User, and Password. Set SSLMode and SSLServerCert to secure connections with TLS/SSL. See Advanced Settings for more information on configuring connectivity over TLS/SSL.
Connecting to Data
Set the following connection properties to control the relational view of the file system:
- RemotePath: Set this to the current working directory.
- TableDepth: Set this to control the depth of subfolders to report as views.
- FileRetrievalDepth: Set this to retrieve files recursively and list them in the Root table.