CData Excel Add-In for SuiteCRM
The CData Excel Add-In for SuiteCRM provides the easiest way to connect to SuiteCRM data from Excel. From the CData ribbon, you can select Get Data and choose From SuiteCRM to import tables and columns into the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet will then be linked with the remote data. To update the data, edit the spreadsheet.
- Select tables and columns using the CData ribbon.
- Schedule automatic data refresh in the data selection dialog.
- Edit the spreadsheet to update the remote data.
See Establishing a Connection to connect your workbook to SuiteCRM. To easily share the workbook, store the connection in the workbook. Refresh the spreadsheet automatically or from the ribbon.
Using the Excel Add-In
See Using the Excel Add-In to use the CData ribbon to execute operations supported by the add-in:
- Modifying Data: Directly edit the spreadsheet to update SuiteCRM data. Select rows and then use the ribbon to post the changes.
- Querying Data: You can use the Data Selection wizard (click Edit Query from the ribbon) to select tables, columns, and filters, building a query to SuiteCRM. You can also write your own SQL to query SuiteCRM just as you would query a traditional database; by Writing Parameterized Queries, you can create dynamic spreadsheets that take cell values as the query inputs. Click Refresh Worksheet in the ribbon to pull the latest changes.
Advanced Features details additional features supported by the add-in, such as defining user defined views, ssl configuration, remoting, caching, firewall/proxy settings, and advanced logging.
See SQL Compliance for a syntax reference and code examples outlining the supported SQL.
See Data Model to find more information on how the add-in models the SuiteCRM APIs as tables, views, and stored procedures, as in a relational database.
The Connection properties describe the various options that can be used to establish a connection.