Define New Tables
The driver allows you to easily define new tables without the need for custom SQL.
Defining Custom Tables
While the driver supports the explicit creation of custom tables via stored procedures executed in custom SQL queries (such as CreateSchema), the driver also supports a more graphical, streamlined approach.
This is done using the driver's Define New Table functionality. You can define a custom table as follows:
- Open the ODBC administrator tool of your preferred bitness. Select your CData Oracle Sales DSN and click Configure.
- From the DSN configuration window, select the Tables tab.
- In the 'Table Or View' dropdown, select Define New Table. You may need to scroll up slightly from the top to see this option.
- A 'Define New Table' window will appear. Use the Table Schema Type dropdown to select the table type you want to generate.
- Configure the parameters to customize your table, then click the Create button to generate the table.
- Your new table can now be discovered by your preferred ODBC querying tool.