Windows DSN Configuration
Using the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator
You can use the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator to edit the DSN configuration. Note that the DSN is created during the installation process.
Complete the following steps to edit the DSN configuration:
- Select Start > Search, and enter ODBC Data Sources in the Search box.
- Choose the version of the ODBC Administrator that corresponds to the bitness of your application (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Click the System DSN tab.
- Select the system data source and click Configure.
- Edit the information on the Connection tab and click OK.
Note: For .NET Framework 4.0, the driver distributes Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable. For .NET Framework 3.5, the driver distributes Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable.
To connect, set the following connection properties.
Set Url to the machine name or IP address of the server and the port the server is running on, for example, https://server:port. The User and Password are required to authenticate to the HPCC system specified in Url. Note that LDAP authentication is not currently supported.
Set Version to the WsSQL Web server version. Note that if you have not already done so, you will need to install the WsSQL service on the HPCC server. The CData ODBC Driver for HPCC uses the WsSQL Web service to interact with the underlying HPCC system.
Set Cluster to the target cluster.