Connecting to Quandl API using an APIKey
Begin by setting the DatabaseCode connection property to the code of the Database containing the Datasets you would like to connect to. If you do not know the code of the Database you are trying to connect to, you can leave this connection property empty for now, and search the available Databases by querying the Databases view.
Authenticate to Quandl
The Quandl Adapter uses an APIKey for authentication. To obtain the API key, log in to Quandl and click API KEY in your Account Settings. The generated APIKey is displayed.
You will need the following parameters to connect to and retrieve data from Quandl:
- APIKey: The API key from your account.
- DatabaseCode: The Database code that represents the Database to work with. For example, WIKI. If you don't know the code, first connect without setting this value and check the Databases view. Then update your connection.
- Views (partly required): A comma separated list of the available views/datasets in a database. This property is required only when DatabaseCode is set to WIKI. For example, Views='AAPL , FB'.
After setting the APIKey, the basic flow for getting data is the following:
Use the Databases view to get a list of Databases.
Note: The DatabaseCode is not needed in the connection string to query this view.
- Set the code value of the Database you want to the DatabaseCode connection property.
- Use the Datasets view to get a list of Datasets.