Connecting to the REST API
Create an App
To register an app and obtain the OAuth client credentials, the Client Id, and Client Secret:
- Log in to your PayPal developer account and My Apps & Credentials (under Dashboard).
- Scroll to the REST API apps section and click Create App.
- Enter the App Name.
- From the drop down list, select the sandbox account that will be used to get data from.
PayPal generates a set of sandbox and live OAuth keys for the application. The sandbox credentials are shown after creating the app. For the live credentials, select the Live option.
The sandbox credentials will be used to get data only for the sandbox account selected when creating the App, while the Live credentials will be used to get data only for the developer account used to create this app.
Authenticate to PayPal
After setting the following connection properties, you are ready to connect:
- OAuthClientId: Set this to the Client Id in your app settings.
- OAuthClientSecret: Set this to the Client Secret in your app settings.
- UseSandbox: Set this to true if you are using sandbox credentials.
When you connect, the cmdlet completes the OAuth process.