Connecting to the SOAP API
Using API Credentials for SOAP API Calls
You can use the SOAP API to retrieve all transactions for the current account. The SOAP API uses the Signature API-credentials type, which has three credential values:
- API Username
- API Password
- API Signature
To generate the API credentials:
- Log in to your PayPal business account and select Profile > My Selling Tools.
- In the Selling Online section, click Update for the API Access item.
- To generate the API signature, click Request API Credentials on the API Access page.
- Select Request API Signature and click Agree and Submit to generate the API signature.
After setting the following connection properties, you are ready to connect:
- User: Set this to the API Username.
- Password: Set this to the API Password.
- Signature: Set this to the Signature.
- UseSandbox: Set this to true if you are using sandbox credentials.