Creating the Data Source Name
This section describes how to edit the DSN configuration and then authenticate and connect to Microsoft Bing APIs.
Editing the DSN Configuration
You can use the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator to edit the DSN configuration. Note that the DSN is created during the installation process, as described in Installing the Connector.
Complete the following steps to edit the DSN configuration:
- Select Start > Search, and enter ODBC Data Sources in the Search box.
- Choose the version of the ODBC Administrator that corresponds to the bitness of your Power BI Desktop installation (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Click the System DSN tab.
- Select the system data source and click Configure.
- Edit the information on the Connection tab and click OK.
Connecting to Microsoft BingTo connect to Microsoft Bing, set the APIKey. To obtain the API key, sign into Microsoft Cognitive Services and register for the Bing Search APIs.
After you register, a list of endpoints and two keys are generated; you may use either one for the APIKey. You can use the APIVersion property to specify the API version you are connecting to. The possible values are 'V5' and 'V7'. The default value is 'V7'.