VDA Connectors support generating VDA documents from XML and converting VDA documents into XML.
When receiving VDA documents, VDA Connectors validate interchange headers and convert the VDA document into XML. This is useful as a staging step, as XML is the primary format that ArcESB uses to manipulate data within a flow. The VDA Connector automatically reads the input file to determine the appropriate schema, then parses the document according to this schema.
When generating VDA documents, VDA Connectors convert XML into VDA document syntax and apply the appropriate interchange headers. This is useful as the final step for creating an VDA document, after the XML data has been fetched and transformed elsewhere in the flow.
This section contains all of the configurable connector properties.
Settings related to the core operation of the connector.
- Connector Id The static name of the connector. All connector-specific files are held in a folder by the same name within the Data Directory.
- Connector Description An optional field to provide free-form description of the connector and its role in the flow.
- 変換の種類 Whether the connector should convert VDA documents into XML, or generate VDA documents from XML.
Settings related to the VDA interchange headers. When converting VDA documents into XML, the document headers will be validated against these settings; when generating VDA documents from XML, these settings will be used to generate document headers.
- 送信者識別子 The unique ID identifying the sending party in the VDA communication (when generating an VDA document, this should be your identifier).
- 受信者識別子 The unique ID identifying the receiving party in the VDA communication (when generating an VDA document, this should be your partner’s identifier).
Settings related to the automatic processing of files by the connector.
- 送信 Whether messages arriving at the connector will automatically be processed.
Settings that specify which characters separate elements, segments, etc.
- サフィックス Appears at the end of segments to distinguish them.
Settings related to the allocation of resources to the connector.
- Max Workers The maximum number of worker threads that will be consumed from the threadpool to process files on this connector. If set, overrides the default setting from the Profile tab.
- Max Files The maximum number of files that will be processed by the connector each time worker threads are assigned to the connector. If set, overrides the default setting from the Profile tab.
Settings not included in the previous categories.
- 以下として説明を生成 When translating VDA into XML, descriptions of the VDA segments and elements will be provided as context for the VDA data. This context can be added as an XML comment or included within the XML elements as XML attributes. Use this setting to determine which of these approaches, or neither, is used.
- 送信フィルタ A glob pattern filter to determine which files in the Send folder will be processed by the connector (e.g. *.edi).Negative patterns may be used to indicate files that should not be processed by the connector (e.g. -*.tmp). Multiple patterns may be separated by commas, with later filters taking priority except when an exact match is found.
- ローカルファイルスキーム A filemask for determining local file names as they are downloaded by the connector. The following macros may be used to reference contextual information:
%ConnectorId%, %Filename%, %FilenameNoExt%, %Ext%, %ShortDate%, %LongDate%, %RegexFilename:%, %DateFormat:%.
As an example: %FilenameNoExt%_%ShortDate%%Ext%
- 親コネクタ The connector from which settings should be inherited, unless explicitly overwritten within the existing connector configuration. Must be set to a connector of the same type as the current connector.
- 厳密なスキーマ検証 Whether the Connector should Ignore, Warn, or Fail when the following are detected:Repeat counts above the allowed number; missing required elements/segments; invalid qualifier and code values; disallowed element lengths; invalid element values.
Settings for specific use cases.
- Other Settings Allows configuration of hidden connector settings in a semicolon-separated list, like
setting1=value1;setting2=value2. Normal connector use cases and functionality should not require use of these settings.
VDA to XML
When generating XML, set the Translation Type to VDA to XML. VDA files placed in the Input/Send Folder will be processed by the connector. The connector will validate VDA message headers against the 送信者識別子 and 受信者識別子 configured in the connector. After validating the transmission, the VDA segments are converted into XML according to the schema specified in the message. The resulting XML files are placed in the Output/Receive Folder for the connector.
XML to VDA
When generating VDA files, set the Translation Type to XML からVDA. XML files placed in the Input/Send Folder will be processed by the connector. The connector converts the XML elements representing a VDA file into VDA segments, then uses the 送信者識別子 and 受信者識別子 fields to generate the transmission headers. To create an example of the XML structure required to generate VDA documents, start with an example VDA document and send it through the VDA Connector in VDA to XML mode. The resulting XML can be used as a template in the XML Map Connector to convert arbitrary XML structures into VDA structure.