Sync jobs are a unit of execution that include the source connection, the destination connection, and a set of one or more Tasks that represent data flows for different tables. All the Tasks within a Job are executed sequentially allowing you to order data flows as you see fit. The Jobs page in the admin console gives a listing of each configured Job in the CData Sync app. From there, you can easily manage and monitor existing Jobs while adding new Jobs to the application.
Creating a Job
Creating a Job requires pre-configured Source and Destination connections. See the Connections for more information about creating your Source and Destination connections. After defining a source connection to your data source and destination connection to your database, follow the steps below to create a new Job.
- Select the Add Job button.
- In the modal, name your Job and select the Source and Destination Connections.
- Select optional Job types:
- Sync All: Automatically add all available tables as Replicate Tasks in your Job. See Sync All for more details.
- Load all files into single table: Create a single LoadFolder task that continuously loads files from a directory or bucket into a single destination table. See Load from Folder for more details.
Create From Existing Job
Instead of creating a Job from scratch, you can copy settings and tasks from an existing Job:
- Name your Job.
- Select the Job to copy from.
- (Optional) Choose a different source and destination. The Source and Destination connection type must match the previous Jobs’s.
- (Optional) Copy Tasks from the previous Job. Note: If using a different source connection, you will need to validate all tables added as Tasks exist in your Source before running the Job.
- (Optional) Copy Notification, Schedule, Logging, Events and Advanced Settings.
After selecting Create, you’ll be directed to the Job Settings page for your new Job. Here, you’ll be able to add new tables, set up a schedule, view the run history and set any additional replication settings for your Job.
Selecting the Edit icon will take you to the Job Settings page for that specific Job. The top panel contains the Source and Destination connections for your Job. You can select the edit icon to directly view and change any connection settings for either connection.
The bottom panel contains different settings to control the data flow of the Job.
Enable the Scheduler
Navigate to the Schedule tab to enable your Job to run on an automated schedule. Choose one of the pre-configured intervals or create a custom cron statement to control how often the Job runs. See Scheduling Jobs for information about the scheduling options.
CData Sync can be configured to send Email notifications on completion of a Job run. Navigate to the Notification tab in your Job to set up the Email Notification system. For more information, See Notifications for configuring your mail server.
Monitor your Jobs
The Logging section allows you to monitor current and review the previous Job runs. See Logging and History for more information regarding what information each level of Verbosity contains and how to retrieve your log files.
- See Events for information about creating events that execute before and after a Job run.
- See Advanced Job Options for information regarding how different options can affect the Data Flow process.
After you have created a job, the Jobs page provides an overview of each of your job’s statuses. You can perform the following actions on a job by hovering over the entry for the job:
- Click the Arrow to show/hide the status for each query in the Job.
- Click the Edit icon to view the job settings.
- Click the Play button to start a job run.
- Click the Stop button to cancel a running job.
- Click the Delete button to remove a job from CData Sync.