Customizing the SSL Configuration
By default, the driver attempts to negotiate SSL/TLS by checking the server's certificate against the system's trusted certificate store. To specify another certificate, see the SSLServerCert property for the available formats to do so.
Connecting Through a Firewall or Proxy
To connect through the Windows system proxy, you do not need to set any additional connection properties. To connect to other proxies, set ProxyAutoDetect to false.
In addition, to authenticate to an HTTP proxy, set ProxyAuthScheme, ProxyUser, and ProxyPassword, in addition to ProxyServer and ProxyPort.
Set the following properties:
- To use a proxy-based firewall, set FirewallType, FirewallServer, and FirewallPort.
- To tunnel the connection, set FirewallType to TUNNEL.
- To authenticate, specify FirewallUser and FirewallPassword.
- To authenticate to a SOCKS proxy, additionally set FirewallType to SOCKS5.
Troubleshooting the Connection
To show driver activity from query execution to network traffic, use Logfile and Verbosity. The examples of common connection errors below show how to use these properties to get more context. Contact the support team for help tracing the source of an error or circumventing a performance issue.
- Authentication errors: Typically, recording a Logfile at Verbosity 4 is necessary to get full details on an authentication error.
- Queries time out: A server that takes too long to respond will exceed the driver's client-side timeout. Often, setting the Timeout property to a higher value will avoid a connection error. Another option is to disable the timeout by setting the property to 0. Setting Verbosity to 2 will show where the time is being spent.
- The certificate presented by the server cannot be validated: This error indicates that the driver cannot validate the server's certificate through the chain of trust. If you are using a self-signed certificate, there is only one certificate in the chain.
To resolve this error, you must verify yourself that the certificate can be trusted and specify to the driver that you trust the certificate. One way you can specify that you trust a certificate is to add the certificate to the trusted system store; another is to set SSLServerCert.
Custom Connection Properties
The Trello OrganizationId when you specify it in the connection string, references a specific Trello organization. If specified the range of some queries will be bound to that organization for ex.
SELECT * FROM Listswill return all lists of the boards on that organization.
SELECT * FROM Membershipswill return all members of the organization.
SELECT * FROM Actionswill return all actions actions on the organization.
The Trello BoardId when you specify it in the connection string, references a specific Trello board. If specified the range of some queries will be bound to that board for ex.
SELECT * FROM Listswill return all lists of the board.
SELECT * FROM Membershipswill return all members of the board.
SELECT * FROM Actionswill return all Actions of the board. Because a board can have many actions the query may take a while wto execute.
The Trello MemberId when you specify it in the connection string, references a specific Trello member. If specified the range of some queries will be bound to that member for ex.
SELECT * FROM Actionswill return all actions of that member
SELECT * FROM Boardswill return all boards that both the logged user and member specified have in common.
Custom Fields is one of the most popular power ups found on Trello. To begin using Custom fields first activate the power up in your Trello board and create/add custom fields to your cards.
In order to use IncludeCustomFields set it to true and specify the BoardId in the connection string. This connection property is used for retrieving custom fields that have been created on Trellos cards.
SELECT * FROM CardsRunning the query above will list all the custom fields created as table columns. The column name will be the custom field name and the row value will be the value of the custom field. In case of a custom field of type dropdown list the name of the option selected will be shown.