Creating a Custom OAuth App
To obtain an OAuthClientId, OAuthClientSecret, and CallbackURL, you first need to create an app linked to your Pinterest account.
To create an app linked to your Pinterest account:
- Navigate to https://developers.pinterest.com/apps/.
- Log in to your Pinterest account.
- Click Create app, specify an app Name and Description then click on Create.
- Fill the required details in the form.
- Set the Auth Callback URL to https://localhost:33333 or a different port of your choice.
- You can choose whether your app will be accessed by multiple users or only by the owner in collaborators.
- After completing the changes the browser will prompt you to save .
Once you are done with creating a new app, it will be displayed on your screen. From there, you can click View Client ID to reveal your newly created app's Client ID and Client Secret. You can now use these credentials to connect to Pinterest by setting them as the following connection properties:
- OAuthClientId = Client Id
- OAuthClientSecret = Client Secret
- CallbackURL = Auth Callback URL