Windows DSN Configuration
Using the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator
You can use the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator to edit the DSN configuration. Note that the DSN is created during the installation process.
Complete the following steps to edit the DSN configuration:
- Select Start > Search, and enter ODBC Data Sources in the Search box.
- Choose the version of the ODBC Administrator that corresponds to the bitness of your application (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Click the System DSN tab.
- Select the system data source and click Configure.
- Edit the information on the Connection tab and click OK.
Note: For .NET Framework 4.0, the driver distributes Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable. For .NET Framework 3.5, the driver distributes Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable.
To successfully connect to your ERP instance, you must specify the following connection properties:
- Url, set this to the url of the server hosting your ERP instance. For example, https://myserver.EpicorSaaS.com
- ERPInstance, set this to the name of your ERP instance.
- User, set this to the username of your account.
- Password, set this to the password of your account.
- Service, set this to the service you want to retrieve data from. For example, BaqSvc.
In addition, you may also set the optional connection properties:
- ApiKey, An optional key that may be required for connection to some services depending on your account configuration.
- ApiVersion, Defaults to v1. May be set to v2 to use the newer Epicor API.
- Company, Required if you set the ApiVersion to v2.