Establishing a Connection
This section describes how to connect to UPS from your AnyPoint Studio project. You can use wizards or the XML editor in AnyPoint Studio to define connection properties in a global element. Global elements can be reused across other building blocks in your project.
Create a Connection in the Visual Editor
Complete the following steps to visually add the connector to your project and create a connection:
- Create a new Mule Project in Anypoint Studio.
- From the palette, drag the connector into your Mule flow.
- On the Message Flow canvas, double-click the connector icon to open the connector properties in the Properties pane.
- In the General section, click Add and define the UPS connection properties. Note that the user name and Password properties always appear here. The user name must be set as it is used as the key for the connection if connection pooling is enabled.
Create a Connection in the XML Editor
Set connection properties in the <cdata-ups:config> element in the root of the project's XML.
Note: The user name attribute must always be included here and serves as the key for the connection if connection pooling is enabled.
<cdata-ups:config name="CData_UPS_Configuration" username="MyName" connectionProperty1="MyProperty" ... doc:name="CData UPS: Configuration"/>
The CData MuleSoft Connector for UPS uses five pieces of information in order to authenticate its actions with the UPS service.
- Server: This controls the URL where the requests should be sent. Common testing options for this are: "https://wwwcie.ups.com/ups.app/xml", and "https://wwwcie.ups.com/webservices"
- AccessKey: This is an identifier that is required to connect to a UPS Server. This value will be provided to you by UPS after registration.
- UserId: This value is used for logging into UPS. This value is the one you chose to login with when registering for service with UPS.
- Password: This value is used for logging into UPS. This value is the one you chose to login with when registering for service with UPS.
- AccountNumber: This is a valid 6-digit or 10-digit UPS account number.
- PrintLabelLocation: This property is required to use the GenerateLabels or GenerateReturnLabels stored procedures. This should be set to the folder location where generated labels should be stored.
The Cache Database
Many of the useful task available from UPS require a lot of data. To ensure this data is easy to input and recall later, the CData MuleSoft Connector for UPS utilizes a cache database to make these requests. You must set the cache connection properties in order to use the CData MuleSoft Connector for UPS:
- CacheLocation: The path to the cache location, for which a connection will be configured with the default cache provider. For example, C:\users\username\documents\upscache
As an alternative to CacheLocation, set the combination of CacheConnection and CacheProvider to configure a cache connection using a provider separate from the default.
Configure Connector Operations
The connector is an operation-based connector; its operations correspond to SQL statements and expose other functionality such as Schema Discovery. See Using the Connector (Mule 3.8+) for more information on executing SQL to UPS in Mule applications.