Establishing a Connection
Creating a JDBC Data Source
You can create a JDBC data source to connect from your Java application. Creating a JDBC data source based on the CData JDBC Driver for Veeva Vault consists of three basic steps:
- Add the driver JAR file to the classpath. The JAR file is located in the lib subfolder of the installation directory. Note that the .lic file must be located in the same folder as the JAR file.
- Provide the driver class. For example:
- Provide the JDBC URL. For example:
jdbc:veevavault:Url=myURL;User=myUser;Password=myPassword; or jdbc:cdata:veevavault:Url=myURL;User=myUser;Password=myPassword;
The second format above can be used whenever there is a conflict in your application between drivers using the same URL format to ensure you are using the CData driver. The URL must start with either "jdbc:veevavault:" or "jdbc:cdata:veevavault:" and can include any of the connection properties in name-value pairs separated with semicolons.
Connecting to Veeva Vault
The provider supports only basic authentication. You are ready to connect after specifying the following connection properties:
- Url: The host you see in the Url after you login to your account.
- User: The username you use to login to your account.
- Password: The password you use to login to your account.