Creating the Data Source Name
This section describes how to edit the DSN configuration and then authenticate and connect to Google Spreadsheets APIs.
Editing the DSN Configuration
You can use the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator to edit the DSN configuration. Note that the DSN is created during the installation process, as described in Installing the Connector.
Complete the following steps to edit the DSN configuration:
- Select Start > Search, and enter ODBC Data Sources in the Search box.
- Choose the version of the ODBC Administrator that corresponds to the bitness of your Power BI Desktop installation (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Click the System DSN tab.
- Select the system data source and click Configure.
- Edit the information on the Connection tab and click OK.
Google Spreadsheets uses the OAuth authentication standard. You can authorize the connector to access Google APIs on behalf on individual users or on behalf of users in a domain. When you connect the connector opens the OAuth endpoint in your default browser. Log in and grant permissions to the application. The connector then completes the OAuth process.
See Getting Data for the next step, which is connecting to the data that you want to work with.