CData Excel Add-In for Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT 2019CData Excel Add-In for Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT 2019 - Build 19.0.7354
The CData provides the easiest way to connect to Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT data from Excel. From the CData ribbon, you can select Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT data as tables and columns into the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is then linked with the remote data. To update the data, edit the spreadsheet.
- Select tables and columns using the CData ribbon.
- Schedule automatic data refresh in the data selection dialog.
- Edit the spreadsheet to update the remote data.
See Establishing a Connection to connect your workbook to Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT. To easily share the workbook, store the connection in the workbook. Refresh the spreadsheet automatically or from the ribbon.
Using the Excel Add-In
See Using the Excel Add-In to use the CData ribbon to execute operations supported by the add-in:
- Updating Data: Directly edit the spreadsheet to update Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT data. Select rows and then use the ribbon to post the changes.
- Querying Data: You can use the Data Selection wizard to select tables, columns, and filters, building a query to Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT. You can also write your own SQL to query Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT just as you would query a traditional database; by Writing Parameterized Queries, you can create dynamic spreadsheets that take cell values as the query inputs.
See SQL Compliance for a syntax reference and code examples outlining the supported SQL.
See Data Model to find more information on how the add-in models the Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT APIs as tables, views, and stored procedures, as in a relational database.
Collaborative Query Processing
The add-in enhances the data source's capabilities with additional client side processing, when needed, to enable analytic summaries of data such as SUM, AVG, MAX, MIN, and so on.
See SupportEnhancedSQL, in the Connection section, for more information.
Connection String Options
The Connection properties describe the various options that can be used to establish a connection.