Creating the Data Source NameCData Power BI Connector for Sybase 2019 - Build 19.0.7354
This section describes how to edit the DSN configuration and then authenticate and connect to Sybase APIs.
Editing the DSN Configuration
You can use the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator to edit the DSN configuration. Note that the DSN is created during the installation process, as described in Installing the Connector.
Complete the following steps to edit the DSN configuration:
- Select Start > Search, and enter ODBC Data Sources in the Search box.
- Choose the version of the ODBC Administrator that corresponds to the bitness of your Power BI Desktop installation (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Click the System DSN tab.
- Select the system data source and click Configure.
- Edit the information on the Connection tab and click OK.
Authenticating to Sybase database
To authenticate, set User and Password.
Connecting to Sybase database
To connect set the Server and Database properties in addition to the necessary authentication values. To secure connections with TLS/SSL, set UseSSL to true.
See Getting Data for the next step, which is connecting to the data that you want to work with.