Establishing a ConnectionCData BizTalk Adapter for FedEx 2019 - Build 19.0.7354
To access FedEx data in BizTalk, you need to configure the adapter and then configure the connection.
Configure the FedEx Adapter
You can configure the adapter in the properties for the receive location or send port: Select the adapter in the Type menu, and then click Configure. You can then specify receive or transmit properties in the Transport Properties dialog that is displayed.
See Adapter Configuration for guides to configure the adapter for receive locations and send ports.
Configure the Connection
After you configure the adapter, you need to configure connection properties. In the Transport Properties dialog, click the button in the Connection String box. You can set connection properties in the dialog that is displayed.
The CData BizTalk Adapter for FedEx 2019 uses five pieces of information in order to authenticate its actions with the FedEx service.
- Server: This controls the URL where the requests should be sent. Common testing options for this are: "https://gatewaybeta.fedex.com:443/xml", "https://wsbeta.fedex.com:443/xml", "https://gatewaybeta.fedex.com:443/web-service", and "https://wsbeta.fedex.com:443/web-service"
- DeveloperKey: This is the identifier part of the authentication key for the sender's identity. This value will be provided to you by FedEx after registration.
- Password: This is the secret part of the authentication key for the sender's identity. This value will be provided to you by FedEx after registration.
- AccountNumber: This valid 9-digit FedEx account number is used for logging into the FedEx server.
- MeterNumber: This value is used for submitting requests to FedEx. This value will be provided to you by FedEx after registration.
- PrintLabelLocation: This property is required to use the GenerateLabels or GenerateReturnLabels stored procedures. This should be set to the folder location where generated labels should be stored.
The Cache Database
Many of the useful task available from FedEx require a lot of data. To ensure this data is easy to input and recall later, the CData BizTalk Adapter for FedEx 2019 utilizes a cache database to make these requests. You must set the cache connection properties in order to use the CData BizTalk Adapter for FedEx 2019:
- CacheLocation: The path to the cache location, for which a connection will be configured with the default cache provider. For example, C:\users\username\documents\fedexcache
As an alternative to CacheLocation, set the combination of CacheConnection and CacheProvider to configure a cache connection using a provider separate from the default.