Automatically caches the results of SELECT queries into a cache database specified by either CacheLocation or both of CacheConnection and CacheProvider .
property AutoCache: Boolean;
When AutoCache = true, the component automatically maintains a cache of your table's data in the database of your choice.
Setting the Caching Database
When AutoCache = true, the component caches to a simple, file-based cache. You can configure its location or cache to a different database with the following properties:
- CacheLocation: Specifies the path to the file store.
- CacheProvider and CacheConnection: Specifies a driver to a database and the connection string.
- CacheMetadata: This property reduces the amount of metadata that crosses the network by persisting table schemas retrieved from the Act-On metadata. Metadata then needs to be retrieved only once instead of every connection.
- Explicitly Caching Data: This section provides more examples of using AutoCache in Offline mode.
- CACHE Statements: You can use the CACHE statement to persist any SELECT query, as well as manage the cache; for example, refreshing schemas.