CData Excel Add-In for Teradata
The CData Excel Add-In for Teradata provides the easiest way to connect to Teradata data from Excel. From the CData ribbon, you can select Get Data and choose From Teradata to import tables and columns into the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet will then be linked with the remote data. To update the data, edit the spreadsheet.
- Select tables and columns using the CData ribbon.
- Schedule automatic data refresh in the data selection dialog.
- Edit the spreadsheet to update the remote data.
See Establishing a Connection to connect your workbook to Teradata. To easily share the workbook, store the connection in the workbook. Refresh the spreadsheet automatically or from the ribbon.
Using the Excel Add-In
See Using the Excel Add-In to use the CData ribbon to execute operations supported by the add-in:
- Updating Data: Directly edit the spreadsheet to update Teradata data. Select rows and then use the ribbon to post the changes.
- Querying Data: You can use the Data Selection wizard (click Edit Query from the ribbon) to select tables, columns, and filters, building a query to Teradata. You can also write your own SQL to query Teradata just as you would query a traditional database; by Writing Parameterized Queries, you can create dynamic spreadsheets that take cell values as the query inputs. Click Refresh Worksheet in the ribbon to pull the latest changes.
The Connection properties describe the various options that can be used to establish a connection.