Creating the Data Source NameCData Power BI Connector for MarkLogic 2019 - Build 19.0.7354
This section describes how to edit the DSN configuration and then authenticate and connect to MarkLogic APIs.
Editing the DSN Configuration
You can use the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator to edit the DSN configuration. Note that the DSN is created during the installation process, as described in Installing the Connector.
Complete the following steps to edit the DSN configuration:
- Select Start > Search, and enter ODBC Data Sources in the Search box.
- Choose the version of the ODBC Administrator that corresponds to the bitness of your Power BI Desktop installation (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Click the System DSN tab.
- Select the system data source and click Configure.
- Edit the information on the Connection tab and click OK.
Connecting to MarkLogic
Set User, Password, and Server to the credentials for the account and the address of the server you want to connect to. You should also specify the ODBC Server Port.
Create an ODBC Server
Please follow the guide in MarkLogic's official website on how to create an ODBC Server, https://docs.marklogic.com/guide/admin/odbc.
See Getting Data for the next step, which is connecting to the data that you want to work with.