Define New Tables
The component allows you to easily define new tables without the need for custom SQL.
Defining Custom Tables
While the component supports the explicit creation of custom tables via stored procedures executed in custom SQL queries (such as CreateSchema), the component also supports a more graphical, streamlined approach.
This is done using the component's Define New Table functionality. You can define a custom table as follows:
- Navigate to any CData Acumatica Source or Lookup component, then double-click it to open the configuration menu.
- On the Connection tab, set the 'Data access mode' to Table Or View.
- In the 'Table Or View' dropdown, select Define New Table. You may need to scroll up slightly from the top to see this option.
- A 'Define New Table' window will appear. Use the Table Schema Type dropdown to select the table type you want to generate.
- Configure the parameters to customize your table, then click the Create button to generate the table.
- You can then find your new table in the 'Table or View' dropdown.