Establishing a Connection
Configure a Connection Profile
From the CData ribbon, click Get Data and select From FinancialForce to launch the CData Query window. To setup your connection, you will have to click the Select button. Here you can set the connection settings, test the connection, and save the connection profile.
Authenticating to FinancialForce APIs
There are several authentication methods available for connecting to FinancialForce: login credentials, SSO, and OAuth.
Authenticating with a Login and Token
Set the User and Password to your login credentials. Additionally, set the SecurityToken. By default, the SecurityToken is required, but you can make it optional by allowing a range of trusted IP addresses.
To disable the security token:
- Log in to FinancialForce and enter Network Access in the Quick Find box in the setup section.
- Add your IP address to the list of trusted IP addresses.
To obtain the security token:
- Open the personal information page on FinancialForce.com.
- Click the link to reset your security token. The token will be emailed to you.
- Specify the security token in the SecurityToken connection property or append it to the Password.
Connecting to FinancialForce APIs
By default, the add-in connects to production environments. Set UseSandbox to true to use a FinancialForce sandbox account. Ensure that you specify a sandbox user name in User.
Connection PropertiesThe Connection properties describe the various options that can be used to establish a connection.
Managing ConnectionsAfter successfully authenticating to FinancialForce you will be able to customize the data you are importing. To learn more about this, see Managing Connections.