Windows DSN Configuration
Using the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator
You can use the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator to edit the DSN configuration. Note that the DSN is created during the installation process.
Complete the following steps to edit the DSN configuration:
- Select Start > Search, and enter ODBC Data Sources in the Search box.
- Choose the version of the ODBC Administrator that corresponds to the bitness of your application (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Click the System DSN tab.
- Select the system data source and click Configure.
- Edit the information on the Connection tab and click OK.
Note: For .NET Framework 4.0, the driver distributes Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable. For .NET Framework 3.5, the driver distributes Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable.
Important connection properties
Schema Determines which Sage 200 edition you are connecting to. Specify either StandardUK or ProfessionalUK.
SubscriptionKey provides access to the APIs on Sage 200 that are used to establish a connection. You will first need to log into the Sage 200 API website and subscribe to the API edition that matches your account. You can do so here: https://developer.columbus.sage.com/docs/services/api/uk
Afterwards, the subscription key may be found in your profile after logging into Sage 200.
Authenticating to Sage 200
Sage 200 uses the OAuth authentication standard. See Using OAuth Authentication for an authentication guide.