Configuring a Connection
The connector comes with a connection builder which allows you to build and test your connection settings outside of Tableau. It also allows you to create a connection string, which can be used to provide options not listed in the connection dialog in Tableau.
Configuring a Connection Builder
There are two ways to access the connection builder:
- On Windows, there will be a shortcut called Connection Builder in the start menu, under the CData Oracle Sales Cloud Tableau Data Connector folder.
- The connection builder can also be started by going to the driver install directory (by default, C:/Program Files/CData/CData Tableau Connector for Oracle Sales Cloud and running the .jar file in the lib directory.
In the connection builder, you can set values for connection properties and click the Test Connection button to validate that they work. You can also use the Copy to Clipboard button to save the connection string for use with Tableau.
Oracle Sales Cloud uses Basic authentication over SSL; after setting the following connection properties, you are ready to connect:
- Username: Set this to the user name that you use to log into your Oracle Cloud service.
- Password: Set this to your password.
- HostURL: Set this to the Web address (URL) of your Oracle Cloud service.
See Getting Data for the next step, which includes authenticating to the Oracle Sales Cloud APIs.