When to Use a Custom OAuth App
Creating a custom OAuth app is required in order to connect via OAuth.
Desktop Authentication with a Custom OAuth AppFollow the steps below to authenticate with the credentials for a custom OAuth app. See Creating a Custom OAuth App.
Get and Refresh the OAuth Access Token
After setting the following, you are ready to connect:
- AccountId: Set this to the account id you are connecting to.
- OAuthClientId: Set this to the Consumer Key assigned when you registered your app.
- OAuthClientSecret: Set this to the Consumer Secret assigned when you registered your app.
- CallbackURL: Set this to the redirect URI defined when you registered your app.
- InitiateOAuth: Set this to GETANDREFRESH. You can use InitiateOAuth to avoid repeating the OAuth exchange and manually setting the OAuthAccessToken.
- Extracts the access token from the callback URL and authenticates requests.
- Saves OAuth values in OAuthSettingsLocation to be persisted across connections.