SugarCRM uses the OAuth 2.0 authentication standard. It uses the "password" grant type to retrieve the access token, therefore it does NOT open a browser tab during the authentication process. This makes it easy to connect from both a Desktop Application or a Web Application.
You can authenticate with your SugarCRM account using your user-credentials.
Authenticating from an application
After setting the following properties, you are ready to connect:
- User: Set this to the username of the SugarCRM account you're trying to access.
- Password: Set this to the password of the SugarCRM account you're trying to access.
- Url: Set this to the URL of the SugarCRM instance you're trying to access.
In addition to the above 3 properties you can (optionally) specify your own OAuth Consumer Keys to be used during the authentication process. This is done using properties OAuthClientId and OAuthClientSecret. To create a new set of OAuth Consumer Keys you must first be logged in as an admin. After that, follow the below steps:
- Open SugarCRM on your browser and navigate to the Admin Dashboard.
- On the top-right of the site click on your profile and then click on "Admin".
- In the "System" section select "OAuth Keys". Now all your default Consumer Keys will appear.
- On the main navigation bar (on top of the site) find "OAuth Keys" and click the arrow to open the dropdown list.
- Click on "Create OAuth Key".
- Fill the required fields. Set "OAuth Version" to "OAuth 2.0". The values you'll be filling for "Consumer Key" and "Consumer Secret" are your OAuthClientId and OAuthClientSecret, respectively.
- Hit "Save" and your new OAuth Consumer Key will be created.
When you connect the 本製品 the driver automatically:
- Extracts the access token from the response and authenticates requests.
- Refreshes the access token when it expires.
- Saves OAuth values in OAuthSettingsLocation to be persisted across connections.