Creating the Data Source Name
This section describes how to edit the DSN configuration and then authenticate and connect to Quandl APIs.
Editing the DSN Configuration
You can use the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator to edit the DSN configuration. Note that the DSN is created during the installation process, as described in Installing the Connector.
Complete the following steps to edit the DSN configuration:
- Select Start > Search, and enter ODBC Data Sources in the Search box.
- Choose the version of the ODBC Administrator that corresponds to the bitness of your Power BI Desktop installation (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Click the System DSN tab.
- Select the system data source and click Configure.
- Edit the information on the Connection tab and click OK.
The CData Power BI Connector for Quandl uses an APIKey for authentication. Additionally, you can set the DatabaseCode connection property to the code identifying the Database whose Datasets you want to query with SQL. You can search the available Databases by querying the Databases view. For more information, refer to our Connecting to Quandl guide.
See Getting Data for the next step, which is connecting to the data that you want to work with.