When to Use a Custom OAuth AppCreating a custom OAuth app is optional as the connector is already registered with Basecamp and you can connect with its embedded credentials.
You might want to create a custom OAuth app to change the information displayed when users log into Basecamp to grant permissions to the connector.
Desktop Authentication with a Custom OAuth AppFollow the steps below to authenticate with the credentials for a custom OAuth app. See Creating a Custom OAuth App for more information.
Get and Refresh the OAuth Access Token
After setting the following, you are ready to connect:
- OAuthClientId: Set this to the client Id assigned when you registered your app.
- OAuthClientSecret: Set this to the client secret assigned when you registered your app.
- CallbackURL: Set this to the redirect URI defined when you registered your app.
- AccountId: Copy this from the URL after you log into Basecamp:
- Schema: Set this to "V2" or "V3" to connect to Basecamp 2 or Basecamp 3 accounts.
- ProjectId: For most table operations, a ProjectId is a required parameter. You can query the Projects table to obtain this value.